There's a reason Crabby doesn't usually let me post on Mondays.
I loathe Mondays. If I'd been involved in the design of the weekdays, Monday would have been left off the list altogether.
Then I thought, well maybe a lot of people have things that annoy them, and maybe it would be a liberating feeling to create a day specifically for people to voice their own pet peeves.
Celebrate Pet Your Peeve Day!
What annoys you? Today I'm especially irked at people who make left turns. For some reason they feel impelled to initiate the left turn by veering to the right and then yanking the steering wheel until they're practically diagonal across the lane. No way annnnybody's going anywhere until they can make their turn.
I was going to put together a list of things that annoy me, but then I did a little research. Frankly, I've been outclassed: this site lists hundreds of annoyances: http://www.getannoyed.com/ (This is one seriously annoyed person, let me tell you.)
Excuse me? Merry, what does this have to do with fitness?
Hey, it's important to be aware of how peeved people can get. Remember the man who had a 'gym rage' incident in a Spin class? His neighbor would not stop being loud and obnoxious, so the man picked him up off of the bike and threw him against the wall. Kinda cranky. The surprising part is this: Man involved in Gym rage acquitted. (Apparently the jury didn't believe the victim's injuries were caused by being slammed against a wall. Maybe they were, maybe not, but at the least I would have thought some anger management classes would have been indicated at this point.)
There are a lot of people concerned with gym annoyances. You need to be prepared, or else you might have a close encounter with a wall yourself.
What's the most annoying gym habit?
- In a poll of the most annoying gym habits, overcrowding was the clear winner.
- A strong runner up in my opinion would be hygiene. The comments from gym owners on Trying Fiction's blog were enough to gross me out.
- Also, not that this is a problem I will probably encounter, having your exercise class canceled because some rich celebrity can't be bothered to workout at home ranks up pretty high in the peeve category.
How can I be sure that I'm not part of the problem?
- As always, our own Crabby McSlacker has the answer: how not to make an ass of yourself at the gym.
- Need more help? Newsweek compiled a list of 9 most obnoxious habits of Gym Rats.
- And Stephanie at Back in Skinny Jeans lists 7 most annoying Gym personalities, in case you want to check further.
Personally, I think all you need to do is to be aware, don't stare, try not to scare, and learn to share. Simple, eh?
One more annoyance -- I know how peeved Crabby feels about performance art, so I thought I'd include an example.
I have to confess that I kinda liked this one. Public Displays of Musical Affection put on a 'spontaneous' performance in Union Square in San Francisco.
What peeve do you need to pet today?