I'd like to thank the Academy...oops, wrong post. Seriously though, I'm so grateful for the readers who share their thoughts and experiences with us here at Cranky Fitness. I feel so fortunate to be a part of this community. I couldn't ask for nicer - and funnier - co-bloggers than Crabby and Jo. And the commute can't be beat.
I have a great appreciation for the great and small blessings in my life and would like to take a minute to share some of the "greats" with you:
- The Hubby and Teen
- Good health and an able body (which I promise to stop treating like an EPA Superfund Clean-up Site).
- Great friends with whom I have shared every imaginable up and down that life has to offer.
- A modest intellect and rockin' good sense of humor.
- The brave men and women of the military who put their own lives on the line every day to protect our way of life.
- UConn Basketball
- Bailey's Irish Cream
- New England stone walls
- Comedy (for some classic Thanksgiving laughs, check out "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" and the "Cheers" Thanksgiving episode from Season 5).
- Misquamicut Beach in Rhode Island.
- Ella Fitzgerald, Rosemary Clooney, Tony Bennett and Sinatra
And when I come across with the occasional loss for words, I can always find some who articulate what I am feeling so much more elegantly than I ever could.
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." -- Melodie Beattie
"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice." -- Meister Eckhart
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -- Thornton Wilder
"The Pilgrims made seven times more grave than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." -- H.U. Westermayer
I hope this day finds you surrounded by the people you love best, a healthy body and mind, and an appreciation for all the other blessings in life.