1. An at-home DVD boot camp seemed like a nifty idea and this set looked quite promising;
2. The company is based in Canada and I love all things Canadian and it means our friends up north are finally eligible to win something too, hooray!
3. I've been on the lookout for a good giveaway to use for my own nefarious self-promotional purposes, because I'm
So, what's the deal with the DVD giveaway, and how much Life Coachy Crap do you have to listen to in order to find out how to win?
OK, first things first:
What's cool about the Booty Camp Fitness Home Edition?
It comes with Eleven, Count 'em, Eleven DVD's, for a variety of workouts!
The workouts combine circuit training, cardio, core strengthening, body sculpting and yoga, and "provides daily motivation for all fitness levels." Programs include:
- Recruit Camp – A full-body introductory beginner workout (38 minutes);
- Basic Training – Intermediate level program (40 minutes)
- Ab-salute Core Vol.2 – Abs/Core (20 minutes)
- Booty Express – For squeezing in a quick workout (20 minutes)
- Bounce ‘n’ Burn – Jump rope for a total body blast (21 minutes)
- Burn that Booty – Targeted moves for glutes and posterior (20 minutes)
- Tank Top Toner – Upper body program. (31 minutes)
- Dynamic Cardio Conditioning – Explosive interval cardio (35 minutes)
- MMA (Major Metabolic Accelerator) – Kickboxing workout (55 minutes)
- Sun Rise Sun Stretch – To loosen and relax (32 minutes)
- Special Ops – Highly demanding workout designed to push |limits (42 minutes)
Plus, it also comes with...
These include a Lifestyle Guide; a healthy e-cookbook, a jump rope, and a workout calendar.
What's Not to Like, Eh?
And did I mention this a Canadian program? In my experience, Canadians are really nice and polite and easygoing and far less obnoxious than most of us Americans.
But apparently they're also really tough!
But wait, the DVD's were filmed in Puerto Rico... So if you add the Canadian boot camp and the Puerto Rican setting and divide by two I believe you end up somewhere like Indiana? Do they even have poutine in Indiana?
Gee I wonder why they didn't film it in Canada?
Oh, um, okay.
(Gosh I bet the booty camp folks are really glad they picked this blog to host a giveaway right about now!)
How to Win the Bootcamp Program:
This is going to be another combo of Random versus Non-Random winner selection. So you can enter just by leaving a comment below.
Or you can increase your chances by using one or more of the methods listed below. And if you do, please alert me in the comments so you get full credit!
1. Enlighten or amuse me with your comment;
2. Tweet about this giveaway and link here;
3. Link to this giveaway from Facebook;
4. Use some other newfangled social networky thing to direct people here;
5. Be a longtime Cranky Fitness commenter or a Canadian;
6. Email me at CrabbyMcSlacker @ gmail dot com and allow me to collect your email address for a future newsletter thingy, should I ever get off my butt and put one together. (In the unlikely event this actually happens you'll be able to unsubscribe immediately if it turns out to be crappy).
7. Help me with some info! I'm going to be redesigning my coaching website and would love to know what you'd be intrigued or repelled by if you were remotely considering Life or Wellness coaching. Concepts that resonate? Buzzwords that make you want to Barf? All good!
But again, a simple comment can be enough to win. You'll just have a better chance if you do more. I'll pick a pool of finalists using the random number generator, then will select the winner from that group by looking at the above factors.
Winner will be announced in a week or so; if the winner doesn't check back and respond by the deadline mentioned in the winner announcement, a new drawing will be held.
And About That Life Coaching--yep, it's time for a message from our sponsor. Which is, um, ... Me.
Here's the deal: Summer is generally a slow time for life coaches, and I'm still building my practice. I've been totally impressed and excited by working with clients who've come from Cranky Fitness--not surprisingly, this crowd seems to be curious, determined, smart, resourceful, and charmingly honest about the personal and life challenges they're facing. It's been a huge relief to discover (a) Life Coaching actually seems to help people feel better about life and start taking concrete steps to move forward; and (b) that I love doing it!
But I've been fairly sucky at the marketing aspects, which I plan to work on. Meantime:
Time For a Summer Sale!
Could you benefit from having a safe, fun, confidential and empowering place to explore ways you could move closer to the life you really want, rather than the one you may be stuck in? You may have a goal that's easy to define (I wanna get my butt off the couch and run a 10K!) or one that's complicated and fraught (I hate my job but have no idea WTF else I might want to do with my life!)
You may have noticed that there are plenty of self-help books out there, but it's hard to keep motivation and momentum going with a book that doesn't give a crap how you're doing or what might be getting in your way. And professional help, whether it be therapist, consultant, counselor, or coach, is pretty damn expensive...and there a lot of weirdos out there to be wary of.
If any of this is true, and you can whip up some motivation to get going within the next few of weeks, you may want to take advantage of the summer slowdown. Instead of my normal Life Coaching rates for the next couple weeks I'm offering a discount.
Quick Mover Incentives: For the first three clients who get all signed up and pay, the rate for a package of five 45-minute sessions is $95 ($19 per session);
For anyone else signs up and pays by July 4th (think of it as your personal Declaration of Independence from Inertia) it's five sessions for $145. ($29 per session).
And, should you decide to you continue beyond 5 sessions, prices will not increase dramatically but will slowly move up.
To find out more about my qualifications, background, coaching philosophy etc, please visit my Not Yet Redesigned Life and Wellness Coaching website. I'm also happy to answer questions you may have via phone or email, or even offer a free 30 minute try-it-out call.
Advanced Travel Warning: I will be house-swapping in Scotland for a good part of August (yippee!); clients who do not have Skype accounts may need to switch to email for a couple sessions or take a break depending on whether I can get reasonable phone service there.
So that's it for the commercial!
If you are a Canadian or U.S. resident, be sure to leave a comment to be eligible for the Booty Camp giveaway (sorry, Rest of the World), and good luck!
Canada Photos swiped from here; I'll be happy to credit to more original source if anyone knows of one.